Thursday, May 13, 2010

CHLA update +


Today we had our CHLA visit. I must say, it was THE best visit we have ever had. Aside from the constant scream coming from cookie, today was a pleasant day. We went in expecting the typical: need to gain more weight, keep the meds up, add more calories to her meals, increase meal frequency, etc.. well she some how managed to reach her goal of 50% for weight! They gave us the go ahead to add some veggies and fruit to her diet and we can start to sigh a little bit of relief as far as her weight is concerned.

I couldnt be more pleased. My mom came with me today to give Christopher some work time. He ends up missing a full day of work for these visits. I think she loved having her grandma there today, i know i did. So all in all, everything is good. lungs clear, they did a throat swab, gave us some refills for creon 6k, they asked me to write down a few recipes that have helped cookie gain her weight so she can pass them on to other new CF parents, and her o2 sat is 100% like always!

No comments:

Post a Comment